-

7/1/13

Fairy Garden Terrarium








My little fairy garden is complete!

It was simple, really...

A large fish bowl ($10 at Goodwill years ago), pea gravel in the bottom, a layer of potting soil, terrarium plants ($10), some sand, a picket fence made out of wooden stir sticks and hot glue, a bit of moss, a few accessories like a small broken terra cotta pot and..

...a tiny little fairy found at an estate sale last week ($2).

Our little mystical, make-believe world.

If you had a fairy garden of your own what would you want in it?

I think mine still needs a little chair or bench or maybe even a tiny little rope swing in the front, what do you think?

I created an entire clipboard of fairy garden ideas found on Hometalk if you are interested go check it out HERE:


13 comments :

  1. Hi, I really like your little fairy world. She is so adorable. About how much $ did it take to buy all the stuff to make this adorable Little Fairly World.? Thank you for sharing.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Delama, Thanks! The plants were less than $10, the fairy was $2. The big fish bowl was $10 at Goodwill years ago. Similar jumbo sized fish bowls cost $30 and up. The potting soil, pea gravel, moss, mini terra cotta pot and glass pebbles came from my crafts/DIY stash from other projects. So $25 for me but more if you had to buy everything new. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. Sherry, I just LOVE this beautiful little fairy garden and especially love your fairy - what a darling and sweet face. This looks just lovely! Pinning and sharing on my FB page today. Happy Tuesday and have a wonderful July 4th holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry this is just beautiful!! I love it!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet...the little fairy has her own world and she's in bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! What a nice way to add some whimsy to an indoor plant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How completely enchanting!!! She looks very happy in her new fairy world... I wish I had a little Cynthia world! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is adorable! Very whimsical and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet, Sherry! I love the little fairy and you know I love a terrarium. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute...love that you combined fairy gardens with terrariums. Two great ideas...that go together like peas and carrots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, that's the most adorable thing I've seen all day! Love it! ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete